31 years old
31 days in March
I have been thinking for some time about doing a giveaway for some of my loyal readers. You may not be hundreds but I am so glad that you follow whenever I am posting a review!
When I started the blog, I did not use it much, I do not feel like I have an anniversary date, so why not celebrating my birthday and giving something away?
I am going to give you my Top 10 Pride and Prejudice fan fiction books. The order is random and after thinking about it a lot, I may repeat authors because “I’m worth it” 😛
However, let me ask you a question, what makes the perfect book? how would you decide the top 10 for your list? In my case is as simply as: I loved the book, it made me feel (happy, sad, nervous, excited, amused…). I love the book and I want to read it again, or at least I remember everything afterwards. Some of my choices may not be your favourites or maybe you did not like them much, and I can understand it. What I would like to say is that even if I have loved a book, I still can realise if it has some flaws, or repetitions, or some style mistakes, etc. but above all a book needs no make me feel and transport me to its story.
I believe I am getting a bit annoying with this idea of what a book means to me, so without more ado, here you have my list and a bit more. (I have to say that I have focused only on stories where Darcy and Lizzy are the protagonists (being the “real” ones or modern ones), I have tried to “reduce” the possibilities to 10 for my list).
- Mr. Bennet’s Dutiful Daughter by Joana Starnes
- Heartache, tears, sighs… simply great!
- When they fall in love by Mary Lydon Simonsen
- Italy, years after the proposal, a widower Darcy… love is all around!
- Love at first sight by J. Marie Croft
- The Bennet brothers… Yes, brothers!
- Green Card by Elizabeth Adams
- “You gave me Valhalla” (sorry, you have to read it to understand! Just wait until late spring as it is getting even better 😛 )
- To Conquer Mr. Darcy by Abigail Reynolds
- “Very fetching Miss Bennet” (same as above, read it!)
- Pulse and Prejudice by Colette L. Saucier
- Darcy’s passion x 100
- Still a Young Man by P.O. Dixon
- OMG! Elizabeth, STOP. IT!!! You are not so old at all!!
- Behind the Mask by Bronwen Chisholm
- A very “spicy” start but after that, it is lovely.
- Mr. Darcy came to Dinner by Jack Caldwell
- The cat is very important 😉 + Darcy vs. Collins!
- The Subsequent Proposal by Joana Starnes
- Darcy, Elizabeth, Anne and Wentworth… what else?
What are your thoughts about these books? Have you read any of them? What was your opinion?
I am giving away three books (March is the third month) and the giveaway is open internationally! So three winners will be lucky to get one of these:
If you would like to participate on my giveaway, you have to comment telling me about your favourite Pride and Prejudice variation (or one of them) and I would like to know about what the book made you feel or why is one of your favourite ones!
Please leave you email address as well following the example: myvicesandweaknesses (at) gmail (dot) com
The entries will be taken into account until 11:59pm (GMT) on the 31st of March.
If you have read any of the three books or you have a preference, please say it.
Feel free to comment on my choices! Is there any book that you think it should be in EVERY top 10? Is there any of these book that you will just give them one or two stars, why?
Just remember, those 10 are not the only books tha I love, it has been very difficult to choose ten, I have decided to choose 10 that are quite different from each other in order to make a entertaining list.