It is universally acknowledge that if you like Jane Austen, you agree with this post 😉
You might be a Janeite if…..
- You being many a sentence with “It is a universally acknowledged….”
- As a single person, your dates are compared to the following
- If the date was good (and your female and/or straight): Captain Wentworth, Edmund Bertram, Fitzwilliam Darcy, etc
- If your date was bad (and your female and/or straight) : Mr. Elliot, Henry Crawford, Mr. Collins, Mr. Wickham,
- If your date was good (and your male and/or straight): Anne Elliot, Fanny Price, Elizabeth Bennet, etc.
- If your date was bad (and your male and/or straight): Elizabeth Elliot, Mariah Bertram, Caroline Bingley, Mary Bennet etc
- You frequently drop references to Austen characters and story lines in your every day conversations: i.e.- when sharing the details of a bad date with a friend: He was such a Mr. Collins. I wanted to puke.
- You compare your parents to the parents in Austen and thank your lucky stars…
View original post 228 more words